Friday, October 3, 2008

Eating Good in the Neighborhood

The cravings have started. Last night when I got home from work my wife felt like going out to eat. I was pretty excited because we hardly ever leave the house anymore. So we got my son ready and headed out. We were driving around for a little while and my wife said, "I want French Onion "Soup." I was like, you know you hate onions, right? She said, "I know, but I really want French Onion Soup." So we decided to go to Applebees.

During the meal I realized why we never leave the house anymore. I don't know about you, but my 2 -year-old is the most restless human being on the planet. Half way through dinner he started screaming because he was finished eating and he wanted to go "screw around." I let him out of the highchair and as soon as his feet touched the ground, he sprinted away. I am not a fast person at all. Trying to catch my son when he is running is like trying to catch a wild turkey, it's not that easy. So of course my son heads toward the back of the room and sure enough, he finds his way into the kitchen. Now the kitchen floor is pretty greasy and my son is pretty fast. I learned yesterday that greasy and fast does not make the best combination. My son slips on the floor and slides a few feet. Of course he starts crying very loud and while I am carrying him back I notice that most of the people are looking at me wishing I could shut the kid up. I finally got him settled back down and I asked my wife "are you sure you want to have another one of these?"

In case you were wondering my wife had 2 bowls of French Onion Soup and the Pasta Alfredo and I enjoyed a nice Steak..........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you were probably not laughing, gut that scene would have been great in a movie! :)

As for the cravings...in my 3rd month of pregnancy, I once ate an entire bowl of sauerkraut!! My husband and parents were eating sausages on buns with sauerkraut and mustard, and at the time the thought of meat made me very nauseous. I just ate the sauerkraut! My husband said, "Ugh! You MUST be pregnant!" LOL! ;)