Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Does It All Mean

What does it mean to be a father? To me, being a father is the single greatest thing in my life besides being a husband to my wife. When you first see your new born baby you get this feeling that you have never felt before. Is it fear, is it love, is it anxiety, I believe that it is all of those things wrapped up into one big emotion. The minute you see your child, you begin to fear for him or her. You want them to be safe and free from harm. You begin to love them, probably more then you have ever loved anything before in your entire life, and you become anxious, you want to be a good father and raise your child to become a good person in the world.

So what does it mean to be a father? I believe that it means you become a teacher, a mentor, a guardian, a roll model, a friend, a hero, and most importantly it means you become a dad. I am nervous and excited about the birth of my second child. I want to be the best dad that I can possibly be and I want to make sure that my wife has an enjoyably pregnancy.

No comments: