Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Morning Sickness

In my opinion my wife's current pregnancy is 100% different then her first pregnancy. I mentioned yesterday that she is showing much quicker then before and this morning my wife felt very sick. I am going to be a little gross, I apologize in advance, but she was up about 3 times last night puking her guts out and once this morning. She did not have any morning sickness during her first pregnancy, but apparently its here for her second. I hope she feels better throughout the day because when my wife get sick she is very moody. I hope you feel better sweetie.........

4 comments:

Mutha Mae said...

Here's some advice from a mom who has had two pregnancies with nine months of morning sickness. Make sure the kitchen sink is clean at all times. Wake up a bit before her or stay up later and just clean the sink. Run the disposal. Make sure there aren't dishes with food left on them. Then take out the trash. Nightly! So she doesn't walk into the kitchen with any nasty smells or scenes. Just seeing a dirty dish would make me vomit. And don't get me started on the smells coming from the disposal or trash. Ewww!

Jessica R. said...

What mutha mae says makes tons of sense. For me what also worked was Twinings Lemon Ginger tea. I drank industrial quantities of the stuff.

Between the tea and making sure that I was never hungry I kept the sickies more or less at bay.

Hope your wife feels better soon!

Expecting Dad said...

thank you all for the great comments

Unknown said...

I hope your wife is feeling okay :) I'm 23 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I can honestly say that my entire first trimester, I was suffering from ALL DAY sickness 24/7. I was worried that it would last the entire pregnancy. It seems to have tapered off once I hit 16 weeks pregnant.

What I found that helped me a lot, although it is an acquired taste...is ginger. I got some Australian Crystallized Ginger at the local health food store and whenever I felt a bout of nausea coming, I'd munch on a piece of the candied ginger. I hated the stuff before I got pregnant, but let me tell ya, it sure helps with the nausea! :)